The engineers at Banks Power carefully study out the deficiencies of stock intercoolers and make upgrades and improvements to the complete inter-cooler system. The finished result is the Banks Techni-Cooler, and the performance results are simply superior – superior to any other aftermarket intercooler and far superior to your stock intercooler. The Techni-Cooler’s core areas are significantly thicker, giving them increases in volume — increasing air density for more continuous power. Depending on your truck, the Techni-Cooler kit will often include a Banks High-Ram intake manifold and mandrel-bent oversized high-flow boost tubes. They are built with large, high-efficiency all-aluminum end tanks that will never melt or burst under high-boost conditions.
- Extensively tested & validated by Banks Engineering
- Large, streamlined end tanks optimize airflow and air density
- Thicker core areas for significantly more air volume
- Wide-open inlets and outlets
- Improves cooling for higher continuous power & lower EGT
- Most kits include High-flow boost tubes
- Steady power output even under extreme temperatures
- Denser air charge improves the combustion process for greater engine efficiency & better fuel economy
- Complete kits include all hardware necessary for installation
- Some kits includes a High-Ram intake manifold
Banks’ Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) designed, rugged cast aluminum end tanks on the Techni-Cooler insure durability and slick air flow. The same can’t be said for welded-up sheet tanks. Air doesn’t flow well with square corners, and the welds break at high boost when performance is needed the most.
Banks’ Techni-Cooler improves airflow into and out of the intercooler with big mandrel-bent oversized boost tubes. Techni-Cooler systems also dramatically increase the cooling capacity — balancing the richer fuel mixture with greater airflow and cooler, denser air. Since denser air has more oxygen, this improves combustion and engine efficiency.