Shop Parley’s for a Huge Selection of Water Methanol Injection Kits.
Diesel owners come to Parleys Diesel Performance looking for the tools and information to help them make educated decisions about how to upgrade their vehicle. Everybody wants improved diesel fuel economy. We’ll happily use more horsepower and torque, as long as it’s safe power that won’t damage any other vehicle components. And some diesel owners just want to go faster, and are looking for the best way to do it. Water and Chemical injection for turbo diesels may not be completely mainstream yet, but as more and more savvy diesel owners discover the unique benefits of injection, this little corner of the diesel performance galaxy is getting bigger every day.
First a little history. Diesel Propane Injection Kits have been around for years. Propane is a high octane, slow burning fuel. On the average diesel truck, about 75% of your fuel is burned, with the other 25% ending up as black smoke blowing out the tailpipe or as buildup in your emissions control devices (or other places you really don’t want carbon buildup.) The use of propane injection allows 100% of your diesel fuel to be burned. Obviously, use of a diesel propane injection kit translates to better fuel mileage because all of the diesel fuel is being consumed. With most propane injection kits you will gain about 70-100 horsepower, and your Exhaust Gas Temperatures will experience only a very mild increase. This makes propane a perfect tool for towing; you get a little extra power, and your transmission will thank you on uphill slopes.
For a number of reasons, propane injection has fallen out of favor and now most of the companies that used to manufacture propane injection kits and tanks no longer build propane kits. Besides the higher cost of propane than in years past, the main reason for the decline of propane injection is the rise of water-methanol injection systems. One of our favorite diesel performance upgrades here at Parleys Diesel Performance is the water-methanol injection kit. This is technology that most diesel owners have never heard of, but we’re committed to spreading the word because of its many performance and economy benefits.
Why are we so stoked about water-methanol injection? There are many reasons; greatly reduced Exhaust Gas Temperatures is a primary one. Decreases of 250 degrees Fahrenheit are common when using an equal parts water and methanol mix. That means you can combine water-methanol injection with a power programmer or diesel performance chip and keep your EGT’s at a viable level. After all, what good is a diesel performance chip that adds tons of horsepower if you can’t use it because of too much heat?
If you are towing, water-methanol injection is like the best friend you never knew you had. Because you get an increase of 50-100 Horsepower, combined with a in EGT’s, now you can tow without having to worry about overheating as you go up long hills in the middle of the summer.
Need another reason to like water-methanol injection? How about increased fuel economy. Like propane, methanol is a higher octane fuel than diesel, and methanol injection will lead to a 100% diesel fuel burn rate. Because methanol has a cetane number of 4CN, it makes power safely without spiking cylinder pressures. Fuel economy increases vary depending on your vehicle, but a 10% to 15% improvement is typical. This translates to somewhere between 1-3 mpg on most diesel trucks, and diesel cars like the Volkswagen TDI often get up to 4 mpg in fuel economy gains. Click on our water-methanol injection kits above to see the products we offer and to learn more about this amazing diesel performance tool.
Nitrous Injection Kits for diesel performance is an upgrade for those who want raw power, and aren’t afraid to use it. You’ll have to modify your truck before being able to safely use nitrous, so unless you’re planning on racing, this isn’t a suitable modification for most diesel owners. For those lucky few that have the time and the resources to take advantage of Nitrous Injection however, it is a great way to quickly add 200-300 horsepower in a matter of seconds.