Hawk Performance High Performance Street (HPS) disc brake pads are world renowned for increasing stopping power on your street legal vehicle. Increasing the performance of your vehicle’s braking system is easy when you choose Hawk Performance’s HPS braking compound. This unique Ferro-Carbon formula was developed for street performance using the safety and quality of Aerospace and Motorsports severe-duty friction technology. All Hawk High Performance Street brake pads provide a limited lifetime warranty, ensuring products to be free of defects from manufacturer’s workmanship and materials.
HPS Ferro-Carbon Compound Features
- Smooth Braking Feel
- 20 to 40 Percent More Stopping Power
- High Friction/Torque Hot or Cold
- Gentle On Rotors
- Extended Pad Life
- Low Dust
- Virtually Noise-Free
- Hawk Performance compounds are not compatible with carbon ceramic rotors. They are designed to work with Iron/Metal rotors.
The High Performance Street compound offers a higher coefficient of friction over stock brake pads and can provide you 20-40% more stopping power and higher resistance to brake fade than most standard replacement pads. Less fade means you will have a highly durable brake pad with less brake dust.
Note: Hawk Performance burnishes its High Performance Street brake pads as a final step in the factory, but all brake pads have to be bedded-in with the rotors (new or used) that they will be used against. Properly bedding-in new brake pads results in a transfer film being generated at the pad and rotor interface to maximize brake performance.
Street Pad Bed-In
1. To break in the new components, make 6 to 10 stops from approximately 30 to 35 MPH applying moderate pressure.
2. Make an additional 2 to 3 hard stops from approximately 40 to 45 MPH.
3. DO NOT DRAG BRAKES!
4. Allow 15 minutes for brake system to cool down.
5. Your brakes are now ready for use and can be driven normally.