Bully Dog GT Tuner
Bully Dog GT Tuner
Bully Dog Technologies invests 100s of thousands of dollars in research and development to bring to market performance tuners that deliver on power, price, and value and are packed with all the features that you would expect from a company like Bully Dog. Their flagship GT Diesel & GT Gas tuners are a vehicle engine tuner, monitor, gauge and diagnostic device all in a single unit. The Bully Dog GT tuner dramatically improves performance by providing an increase in horsepower and torque and by improving fuel economy through better engine tuning. The GT monitors and displays over fifteen different vehicle parameters and includes the all new Driving Coach feature which teaches you how to maximize your vehicle's fuel economy potential.
Key Features of the Bully Dog GT Tuner
- On-the-fly power level adjustment (GT Diesel)
- Multiple power levels to choose from
- Easy installation (20-40 minutes)
- Free internet updates and upgrades
- Monitor and display vehicle parameters (PIDs)
- Full Color display with multiple color themes
- User set daytime and nighttime driving modes
- Initiate DPF burnoff on newer GM and Dodge diesels
- De-fuel based on user set safety parameters
- Read and Erase Diagnostic Trouble Codes
- Display instant fuel economy and trip fuel economy
- Exclusive Driving Coach feature, Patent Pending
Performance Gauge Functions (varies by vehicle)
- Real Time Fuel economy
- Average Fuel economy
- Trip Fuel economy
- Load %
- Coolant temperature
- Engine RPM
- Air intake temperature
- Mass Air Flow (grams/sec.)
- Throttle position %
- Fuel usage (gallons per hour)
- Transmission temperature
- Exhaust gas temperatures
- Turbo boost pressure
- Battery voltage
- Engine oil temperature
- Injection control pressure (ICP)
This value-priced and feature-packed Bully Dog GT tuner reads and erases diagnostic trouble codes. Also included is Bully Dog’s performance testing feature designed to test a vehicle’s performance capability on the drag strip. The tuner comes with PC analysis software so you can determine vehicle horsepower. The GT Diesel Tuner works on most late model diesel pickups including Dodge, Ford and GM. The GT Gas tuner works on a wide range of Ford, Dodge, GM, Toyota and Nissan trucks and SUV's, as well as on many Cadillac Escalade, Infiniti, Jeep, Lincoln and Chrysler trucks and cars.
GT Mounting Options. The GT comes with a custom windshield suction mount. In addition the GT mounting socket on the back of the unit is a universal T-socket style mount. This T-socket will accommodate almost any off the shelve mounting style. Various mounting styles can be found at any major electronics retailer. Additional mounting options for the Bully Dog GT tuner include an optional heavy duty suction cup mounting kit, rear view mirror mounting kits for Ford, Dodge, Chevy and GMC trucks, as well as a large variety of A-Pillar mounts for all of today's most popular vehicles.
The GT Gas tuner is very popular with Jeep owners. Here are five ways a Bully Dog GT tuner can take your Jeep's performance to the next level.
- Reach deep for more horsepower and torque. The Bully Dog GT tuner allows you to adjust key parameters like transmission shift points and throttle response to inspire peak performance tailored to the way you drive.
- Make sure your gauges read right. Changes to gear ratio and tire size affect speedometer, tachometer, and odometer accuracy. Your tuner provides gauge readings that are adjusted for modifications you’ve made to your Jeep.
- Put an end to constant dash alerts and chiming. Sometimes the demands of the trail mean you need to air down your tires to get proper traction on uneven terrain. With the GT programmer, deactivate the TPMS when you’re aired down, and reactivate it when it’s needed, in more normal driving conditions.
- Get more power in idle. Jeep sets your idle RPM at a level that combines battery charging power with fuel efficiency. The Bully Dog Gas Tuner allows you to increase idle RPM to provide power for your winch when it’s needed, so you can tackle difficult terrain without fear, and still keep fuel costs in check.
- Adjust to difficult trail conditions on the fly. Make changes on the fly to adjust to trail conditions- turn off your engine fan when fording a river, disconnect sway bars, or lock axles for safety, traction, and stability on uneven terrain. The Bully Dog GT Tuner also offers a simple way to completely disable traction control in snowy, icy, sandy, or muddy conditions.
Bully Dog GT Tuner Installation Instructions
An initial update with a Windows-based computer is required prior to
For your convenience, we have also placed the link to the Device Updater on the Bully Dog website below. Simply follow the link and choose "Update Agent (GT Devices)" to install the correct Updater for your Bully Dog GT Platinum Tuner.
Once your tuner has been updated and installed on your vehicle, you may adjust the power levels by following the directions at the link below. There is also a handy video posted at this link that will walk you through the process.
How to adjust power levers:
If you need any further assistance with the installation of your tuner, please let us know. We will request that Tech Support at Bully Dog reach out and assist you with troubleshooting your installation.
You must be logged in
to write a review