BD Diesel 2001100 Variable Vane Exhaust Brake for 2008-2010 Ford Super Duty 6.4L Powerstroke
BD Diesel Exhaust Brakes 2001100 Details
The variable vane turbocharger design used in diesels today to reduce turbo lag, emissions and increase power can also be used to slow you down. BD Diesel utilizes this technology by electronically closing off the turbine vanes which can create up to 130 retarding horsepower. This braking force will help to maintain your speeds on descents and curves, giving you better control of your truck and load. The rotary switch offers three different modes which are: Stock – Vane Control Only – Vane Control with Aggressive Downshift.
This variable vane exhaust brake kit easily and simply installs in approximately 1-hour by plugging into existing factory ports, tapping one wire and by mounting the rotary switch on your dash.
- Delivers up to 70psi exhaust backpressure
- Electronically closes off turbocharger vanes to provide engine braking
- Can create up to 130 retarding horsepower
- Helps maintain speeds on descents and curves
- Better control of your truck and load
- Different modes including automatic downshifting keeping engine rpm and engine retarding force high
- Integrated with the cruise control to automatically accelerate and decelerate to maintain vehicle speed
- Easily installs by plugging into existing factory ports
- In-dash ‘Push To Engage’ Button
- 12 Month / 24,000 Miles Warranty