Snow Performance’s new 2.5 Gallon Reservoir gives much more range than their standard kit-size 3 quart tanks, and is fairly small in size at 13" Long x 9.5" High x 7.5" Wide (similar to a very small car battery). The tank comes with mounting straps and an additional 10 feet of tubing.
We recommend that a Snow Performance Solenoid Upgrade be used in any application that utilizes a rear mounted reservoir.
If you are wondering how much range you can expect to get with this 2.5 Gallon Reservoir using water-methanol injection, the answer of course depends on what you’re driving, how fast you’re driving it, and if you are towing a load.
Water-Methanol Tank Mileage Ranges
- On a Stage 1 or 2 system, the factory washer fluid tank on a pickup truck (usually 1-1.5 gallons) will last a tank of fuel. This is for normal mixed driving with no towing and some aggressive acceleration.
- On a Stage 3 MPG MAX™ used for towing, the 7 gallon reservoir (included with the MPG MAX™) usually lasts 1-2 tanks of diesel fuel. In an un-loaded state, the 7 gallon reservoir will provide about 1000 miles of range. When towing, the 7 gallon usually lasts about 500 miles.
- A standard Stage 3 system will use about 1 gallon of liquid for every 75 miles of towing. Many Stage 3 users take advantage of their stock washer tank or the special universal fitting included in Stage 3 Snow Performance diesel kits with a custom large capacity tank. Be sure to use a solenoid upgrade for any reservoir mounted in the rear of the vehicle.
If you would like to read more detailed information about water-methanol injection and it’s distinct benefits for turbo diesels Click Here
Snow Performance Boost Cooler water/methanol injection systems feature the best:
- ENGINEERING – Each system has been designed and tested by Snow’s engineers to ensure reliability and robustness. The Boost Cooler™ will do what it should do for a long time. No failure prone brass or rubber is used and their component flow rates are calculated and spec’ed to work flawlessly with each other. Snow Performance pumps are designed with exclusive features to ensure reliability and strength.
- DIGITAL VARIABLE CONTROLLERS – Not just boost actuated, Snow Performance hase specially designed controllers for each vehicle application to ensure maximum power. Snow Performance has 7 different control systems, and they are each specifically mapped and designed for their applications. Most Snow Performance controllers feature true 2D maps facilitating the most correct injection and power under all conditions for the most advanced systems available.
- HIGH PRESSURE/HIGH VOLUME PUMPS – Snow Performance pumps are specially designed to deliver higher pressures and reliability. Features include: higher pressure, integrated check valve, and thermal protection for safety. Each pump is pre-tested and designed to work with methanol.
- UNSURPASSED ATOMIZATION – Along with higher pressures, Snow Performance nozzles are specially designed to spin the fluid supersonically before forcing through a venture-shaped orifice for the best atomization available. Better atomization means more power and cooling. These nozzles are also specially machined for ease of installation and clear spray pattern.
- TRAINED TECHNICAL & TUNING ADVICE – Snow Performance’s trained, knowledgeable technicians are available to help you. They have more data and hands-on experience with diesel and gasoline applications than anyone so you don’t have to guess.
- WARRANTY – Life time warranty available. Even the standard warranty is a full 2 years. Snow backs it’s systems with industry leading warranties.
- SAFETY – Snow Performance’s new SafeInjection™ is the ultimate in safety for even the most aggressively tuned applications. This ensures worry-free power in even the most demanding racing applications as well as full power on the street.
- COMPLETE KIT – When you buy a Boost Cooler™, you get a complete kit right down to the reservoir and sealant. Also, Snow Performance offers more kits for specific applications than anyone. Eliminate the guess work – get a kit for your vehicle complete with installation instructions that include vehicle specific photos and performance backed up with dyno charts.
- PROVEN PERFORMANCE – All water/methanol systems are backed with dyno data proven by numerous magazine articles and more World Records than anyone. Buy the same kit the pros and championship race teams use – buy the Boost Cooler™ from the Water-Methanol Injection Experts.
Manufacturer Contact Info:
1017-A East Highway 24
Woodland Park, CO 80863