If you own a Dodge with a Cummins Diesel, you need a Smarty Programmer! Ask any true diesel enthusiast with a Cummins which programmer makes the most power, has the best tunes, and gives the biggest increases in fuel economy, and they will all tell you the same thing – Get A Smarty!
Smarty S-03 Key Features:
- Comes with MADS’ famous CaTCHER software
- Ten different performance levels
- Fuel economy improved by up to 15%
- Not traceable in stock setting. Smarty leaves no footprint.
- Reads Diagnostic Trouble Codes in plain text
- Fastest tune download times in the industry
- ABS tire height updates in just seconds
- Cold Weather 3 Cylinder High-Idle is enabled in all softwares
- Easy installation, with no tools required, no fuses to pull
- USB built in for simple updates from internet
- Programmable Speed Limiter from 25 to 250 mph
Your Smarty Programmer for your 1998.5 to 2002 5.9L Cummins 24V comes with ten different software settings. The power gain at top Rpm with these softwares is almost identical. These softwares differ greatly in they get there. The higher the software number, the more aggressive the throttle response from idle speed up. Aggressive to the point that softwares Eight and Nine can become difficult to handle on slippery roads. Please be very careful when you use these softwares for the first time! It takes some time and practice to learn how to handle them.
Smarty’s Software Levels
- SW# 0 : Half power .
- SW# 1 : Fuel Saver
- SW# 2 : Only more fuel and Boost fooling
- SW# 3 : Like # 2 + added timing
- SW# 4 : “Soft” CaTCHER no added timing
- SW# 5 : Like # 4 + added Timing
- SW# 6 : Mild CaTCHER no added timing
- SW# 7 : Like # 6 + added Timing
- SW# 8 : CaTCHER no added timing
- SW # 9 : CaTCHER with Timing
Software # 0 – The half power setting is useful whenever reduced power is desired or when you have to make sure that no smoke is produced.
Software # 1 – This fuel saver software produces average fuel savings of +2 MPG! Heavy Towing is not recommended with this software due to the aggressive nature of the tune.
Software # 2 – Increases fuel delivered by the ECM and includes boost fooling
Software # 3 – Same as software # 2 but timing has been added.
CaTCHER Softwares # 4 to # 9 – The even numbered softwares are identical to the odd numbered ones, except for the timing. The softwares without added timing are intended for use with timing adding boxes.
Many customers ask “How much horsepower will the CaTCHER software add to my 98.5-02 engine?” The short answer is that it depends upon the mods done to your engine. On a stock engine typical gains are 60 horsepower at the rear wheels. With upgraded injectors the Hp gain increases. How much depends upon your injectors, turbo, intake, exhaust, etc. The best mod combined with the CaTCHER is a good set of injectors.
If you feel that you absolutely want to “stack chips” The CaTCHER stacked with a fuel only box provides the highest Hp gain. More than what a timing & fuel box that can’t be stacked with anything will provide.